Your Privacy Rights
Effective: September 1, 2016
Categories of Information We Collect Online and Offline.
We collect information when you interact with DHI Mortgage online, for example, from your visits to, and use of, our Website, from your email correspondence to us, from your submittal of an online employment application, from your online responses to us and from other things that you post online, for example, on social media public pages and profiles on Facebook®, Twitter® and Instagram®.
Certain information we collect is “Personal Information” – that is personally identifiable information that reveals your specific identity such as your name, postal address, phone number, email address, social security number or any other information that permits someone to contact you physically or online. Personal Information is also any other information about you that is collected online such as your birthdate and stored by the operator of a website in a personally identifiable form in connection with other identifiers such as your name, postal address, phone number.
Certain Personal Information that we collect is non-public personal information, which means personally identifiable financial information about you that is not publicly available and that we collect in connection with providing you a mortgage or other financial product or service, and includes information that you provide us when applying for a mortgage loan in person or on the phone or seeking pre-qualification online for a mortgage; information about you that we learn or otherwise obtain about you as a result of any mortgage or other financial transaction you enter into with us; information that we otherwise obtain about you in connection with our providing you a mortgage or other financial product or service; or any customer list or grouping that is derived in part using personally identifiable financial information about you that is not publicly available (“Non-public Personal Information”).
Other information that we may collect is “Anonymous Information” – that is, information that does not include Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been deleted. Anonymous Information cannot be used to reveal the specific identity of an individual customer. Examples of Anonymous Information include certain information collected through automated technologies such as information about your internet browser or mobile device that is not matched to other personal identifiers or maintained in a personally identifiable format (see Collection of Automated Information), de-identified information or demographic information that you may provide to us. Personal Information and Anonymous Information of many individuals may be combined to create “Aggregate Information” that does not identify an individual customer.
All information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other sources.
We use and share your Non-public Personal Information that we collect from, or about you, in accordance with the DHI Mortgage U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, which also provides you with choices regarding how we may share and use this information.
We collect Personal Information, including Non-public Personal Information, about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you. You may provide information to us online or otherwise, on loan applications, online employment applications or other forms or in discussions with us via the Internet including Live Chat, by telephone or otherwise, such as your income, assets, liabilities, social security number, and other financial and credit information.
- Information about your transactions with us or others. We may obtain information regarding your transactions and experiences with us or others, such as your payment histories, account balances, and other transaction records.
- Information we receive from outside sources. We receive information from third parties such as your employment history, property insurance coverage, and banking relationships.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies. We receive information from consumer reporting agencies such as your credit history, credit usage, and credit score.
- Email. If you provide your email address to us and do not opt out from receiving commercial emails from us, you may receive emails from us regarding DHI Mortgage products and services, and we will collect your email address and other information that you provide as well as Automated Information that we collect. You may Opt-Out of the receipt of email communications from DHI Mortgage by clicking an “unsubscribe” button in email communications from DHI Mortgage.
- Collection of Automated Information. We and our service providers have automated means of collecting information from you when you visit our Website or interact with us online. We use the information collected for many purposes - to allow user-friendly visits to our Website by, for example, improving your ability to navigate our Website, to personalize your interaction with us and to allow our servers to recognize your browser the next time you visit our Website; to improve security on our Website; and to inform us of activity concerning our Website. We also collect and develop statistical, aggregate information to continually improve the functionality of our Website and support our marketing efforts.
- Technologies – We and our service providers may use various automated technologies for the collection of information about your online activities when you visit our Website, including such automated technologies as cookies, Flash cookies, information from your browser or mobile device, information from our server, tracking technologies such as web beacons and web bugs, pixel tags, clear GIFs, and other means.
- Information Collected – Information may be collected from you, and about you, by automated technologies when you visit our Website that identifies you as a unique customer, stores personal preferences, and tracks and monitors your usage on this Website. Information collected by these automated technologies may also include the pages visited on our Website, links clicked on, search data and terms, physical location including location information collected from your mobile device when you use certain mobile applications, online authentication, type of computer, mobile device or tablet you are using, your Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, your operating system and version, your Internet browser type and version, your IP address, the date and time of your visits, and the length of time you spend on our Website. This automated information may be matched to Personal Information that you share with us when you visit our Website.
Our Use of Your Information and the Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Your Information.
We do not disclose Personal Information about you or any of our other customers or former customers to our affiliates or to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law, including Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which protects Non-public Personal Information. We are permitted by law to, and may in the ordinary course of business, share Personal Information including Non-public Personal Information about you with nonaffiliated third parties as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize. We may, for example, provide Personal Information including Non-public Personal Information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with which we have contracted to perform any of the following services on our behalf in connection with a mortgage loan or other financial product or service that you request, or authorize:
- Processing and underwriting of your loan application;
- Closing your loan and filing your mortgage or deed of trust and related documents in the official public records;
- Transferring your loan, or the servicing or other rights in connection with your loan, to an investor in the secondary market;
- Servicing your loan account, including collecting your payments, making remittances, maintaining tax and insurance escrow accounts, and reporting periodically on account activity; and
- Providing you with requested services, such as an automatic bank draft of your monthly loan payment.
We may also, as permitted by law, share Personal Information including Non-public Personal Information about you with nonaffiliated third parties with which we contract to market our own financial products and services.
Any nonaffiliated third parties we employ for any of the services described above must provide us with a written agreement that prohibits the third parties from disclosing or using Personal Information including Non-public Personal Information about our customers other than as is necessary in the ordinary course of business to carry out the purposes for which we disclosed the information.
We also may share your Personal Information including Non-public Personal Information, as permitted by law, for such limited purposes as protecting the confidentiality or security of records in connection with your loan or other financial product or service, protecting against or preventing fraud or unauthorized transactions, resolving consumer disputes or inquiries, reporting to consumer reporting agencies about your transactions with us, responding to judicial process or otherwise complying with properly authorized investigations, subpoenas, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities, and complying with other applicable legal requirements.
And, if you submit an application for employment with us, we may disclose or provide access to the Personal Information that you provide to employees, our affiliates or third parties involved in the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of our applicants.
Sharing of Your Credit Information with Our Affiliates.
All of the information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliate companies, as permitted by law, subject to your legal right to prevent such sharing in cases of certain types of information. Under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), you may direct us not to share “personal credit information.” Personal credit information is information that bears on your creditworthiness, personal characteristics and mode of living and is not information about our own transactions and experiences with you (such as your account balances and payment history with us). Personal credit information may include information provided by you on your loan application concerning your accounts with others and information contained in your consumer credit report such as your credit score. Under FCRA, you may also direct us not to allow our affiliates, with which you do not have a pre-existing business relationship, to use “eligibility information” to make marketing solicitations to you. Eligibility information is information used by us to determine your eligibility for a loan including, but not limited to, information about your transactions and experiences with other parties and information contained in a consumer credit report or obtained from you or other third parties. Despite your direction to us not to share personal credit information with our affiliates or your direction to us not to allow our affiliates with which you do not have a prior business relationship to use your eligibility information to make marketing solicitations to you, we may continue to share, with our affiliates, transactional and experience information about our own transactions and experiences with you including, but not limited to, your account balances and loan repayment history with us and your identification information such as your name and address. However, if you have opted out from affiliate marketing, our affiliates may not use such information to market to you. If our affiliates service your loan or process your accounts, we can share additional information with these affiliates, including personal credit information and eligibility information but only for those limited purposes.
You may direct us not to share personal credit information with our affiliates or not to allow our affiliates with which you do not have a prior business relationship to use eligibility information to make marketing solicitations to you by visiting us online at www.dhimortgage.com and informing us of your preference on the “Your Privacy Choices” page — our menu will prompt you through your choice(s); or by calling us toll free at (844) 312-1523; or by clicking on the U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice and printing out and mailing the form provided. Our address is provided below and in our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice. You may also visit one of our offices, the addresses of which are set forth on our Website.
Our Confidentiality Practices.
We protect all of your Personal Information including your Non-public Personal Information in accordance with applicable law. We restrict access to all Personal Information about you to our employees or service providers who need to know that information to provide products or services to you, process and service your account, or administer and market our business. We require our employees to treat the Non-public Personal Information of our customers and former customers as strictly confidential.
Third Party Collection of Personal Information about Your Online Activities Over Time and Across Different Websites.
We do not engage service providers to collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites. However, other websites that you may have visited before visiting our Website may have permitted their service providers to embed automated technologies such as third party cookies to track your activities on our Website and other websites that you may visit after leaving our Website. You should always review the privacy policies of the websites you visit to understand how Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites is being collected.
Process for Review and to Request Changes to Personal Information We Collect Online and Otherwise.
If you have any reason to believe that the information we hold with respect to you is inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, please contact us and provide updated information. Alternatively, you may contact us by telephone at (844) 312-1523 or in writing at DHI Mortgage Company, Ltd., Attn: Compliance Department, 10700 Pecan Park Blvd., Suite 450, Austin, TX 78750 so that your information may be corrected or updated as soon as possible. Alternatively, please call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate addresses for changes listed on your statements.
Changes to Our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice.
We may make changes to our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice in the future. However, we will not make any changes affecting you without first sending you a revised U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice describing the change and informing you of your rights under applicable law. In any case, we, or the current holder, and servicer of your loan, will send you a current U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice at least once a year in the mail as long as you continue to be a customer. In addition, our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice is posted on this Website for your convenience.
Links to Other Websites.
We may provide links, through advertisements or otherwise, to other websites, including various social media platforms. Those sites may have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for their content or privacy policies. The inclusion of a link on this Website does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or any of our affiliates. Please visit those sites to review their privacy policies.
Many companies now offer aggregation services that allow customers to consolidate all of their financial account information into one online site, permitting the customer to view, for example, all of their accounts, account balances, payments, and other information such as stock values and frequent flier totals in one online location. In order to offer these aggregation services, the aggregator must obtain from the customer, with the customer’s permission, certain Personal Information including but not limited to the customer’s account numbers, account balances, user names and passwords. DHI Mortgage is not responsible for the use or disclosure of any information that you share with, or permit, a third party aggregator to access and, after you share your user name and password with a third party aggregator or provide other permissions to them to access your Personal Information, we will consider all transactions initiated by such third party aggregators to be valid and duly authorized by you. Please be careful when sharing your Personal Information with third party aggregators, being especially vigilant in reviewing the privacy policies of such aggregators.
Our Website contains general information not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. In this regard, our Website is a general audience site that is neither designed, nor intended, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
D.R. Horton, DHI Title and D.R. Horton Insurance Agency.
Use of Our Website in Other Countries.
This Website may not be available or appropriate for use in other countries. If you choose to access this Website from another country, you do so at your own risk with the understanding that information may be collected from you and stored as a result of your access to this Website while in another country whose privacy laws may be different from, and less protective than, those of this country.
Contacting DHI Mortgage.
DHI Mortgage Company, Ltd.
Attn: Compliance Dept.
10700 Pecan Park Blvd. Ste. 450
Austin, TX 78750